Тема заблокирована.

a way to improve hit detection

WILDSC0RPI0N
HR Вербовка: 2011-10-26
2013-01-02 11:13 , отредактировано 2013-01-02 11:16 Автор - WILDSC0RPI0N
Since begin of the bf3 I was experiencing bad hit detection and I was trying to figure out why. i am having good hardware and good internet connection so i knew it was not a reason for bad hitreg. First thing I have tried was port forwarding(ports that you can find on official EA page for this game) and turning off all unnecessary processes(with gamebooster) and helped a little but hit detection still was far from good. I did not know what else to do so I continued to play with that terribad detection. Recently I read somewhere that this game using mostly UDP ports for most of it traffic so I focused on improving UDP traffic. Since win 7 does not have any possibility to tweak UDP registry only thing I could concentrate was prioritization of UDP traffic in router(not every router have this option) but doing things I will write down will help you getting better hit detection even without that option enabled. trying to find on net how to improve udp traffic i bumped on this page:

http://www.isoc.org/inet97/proceedings/F3/F3_1.HTM [isoc.org]

where is to the detail explained what is impacting most on UDP packet loss and it amazed me that greatest UDP lost occur when TCP is synchronized! So to see what processes using tcp while I am playing i executed following command in cmd:

netstat -aob -t 1 > c:\nettraffic.txt

It basically write all connections and used ports in txt file called nettraffic on c drive. You can name that txt file whatever you want. First thing I noticed that BF3 DOES NOT using ports that are on official EA page!! Only port from that page I could find in log was 3659 UDP port and all rest was not in use, game used some other ports. So I start game and exit couple of times to see what ports are used and on every new connection game used different ports. Range for TCP traffic was 4000-6000 and for udp traffic was 50000-65534.
So on base of that research for UDP traffic I opened only that UDP port range in my router and all tcp forwarded ports deleted from router and result was amazing! Now I have hitreg issues only i rounds when laggy player with abnormal ping are present and in all other rounds hit detection is MUCH better than it was before.

I hope this will help all of you who still facing same problem with (s)hit detection. I tried to record short part of round to see what maximum accuracy can be now with assault weapon and get 48% accuracy which I could only dream ten days ago. Here are links to short video and battlereport of the same round:

http://youtu.be/c-48r2gtHxc [youtu.be]
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/52198422/1/297992299/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

once again hope this solution will help those who have bad hitreg and see you on battlefield soldiers!!!
HYMENSMASHER360
CZ Вербовка: 2012-09-01
2013-01-02 11:20
-> play hardcore.

It fixes hit detect / rbs / supression.
http://imgur.com/S2EXNVw
WILDSC0RPI0N
2013-01-02 11:24
CoTySiZaKentaura said:
-> play hardcore.

Nope, in harcore i had even worse hit detection than in normal mode. Thing that really helped is to choke in router processes that use TCP traffic(origin, browser..) and open only UDP ports that this game REALLY using.
m4CR0_Slammer
HR Вербовка: 2011-11-12
2013-01-02 13:30
I really think all there is to it, all about UPNP and BF3 - are myths. UPNP should do everything for you without any problems, unless you have 2+ PCs on your home LAN running BF3 multiplayer, that's when problems start.
One death is a tragedy, a million deaths is just a statistic. - Stalin
GirlSaidBoo
Вербовка: 2011-12-07
2013-01-10 14:32
nice read, bump! :)
OhMy_DrDeath
IM Вербовка: 2011-10-25
2013-01-21 23:20
I cannot see how forwarding ports, when the traffic is already getting through anyway can make a difference. My understanding of port forwarding is that it is only necessary when you want traffic directed at your external IP (WAN) to be routed to a private IP (LAN), say for example you are running a server on your own machine behind a firewall and router.

http://pcgamingtips.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/port-forwarding-slaying-mythical-dragon.html [pcgamingtips.blogspot.co.uk]
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/64fd6612-5757-4c13-b81c-83dc6bde3e3f/Oh-My-Guts-TDM-400-tickets-64p-No-Rules/
WILDSC0RPI0N
2013-01-21 23:40
OhMy_DrDeath said:
I cannot see how forwarding ports, when the traffic is already getting through anyway can make a difference. My understanding of port forwarding is that it is only necessary when you want traffic directed at your external IP (WAN) to be routed to a private IP (LAN), say for example you are running a server on your own machine behind a firewall and router.

http://pcgamingtips.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/port-forwarding-slaying-mythical-dragon.html [pcgamingtips.blogspot.co.uk]

So router manufacturers puts qos in routers for placebo effect? Believe it or not i dont care i have noticeable improvement of hitreg after i did this.
IAcousticI
US Вербовка: 2011-10-25
2013-01-21 23:45
Can you add me to your friends list, would like to you about this topic. I sent a request.
OhMy_DrDeath
2013-01-22 00:01
SC0RPl0N said:
OhMy_DrDeath said:

So router manufacturers puts qos in routers for placebo effect? Believe it or not i dont care i have noticeable improvement of hitreg after i did this.

QOS has nothing to do with port forwarding. It just assigns priority to certain types of traffic
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/64fd6612-5757-4c13-b81c-83dc6bde3e3f/Oh-My-Guts-TDM-400-tickets-64p-No-Rules/
WILDSC0RPI0N
2013-01-22 08:06 , отредактировано 2013-01-22 08:11 Автор - WILDSC0RPI0N
OhMy_DrDeath said:
SC0RPl0N said:
OhMy_DrDeath said:

QOS has nothing to do with port forwarding. It just assigns priority to certain types of traffic

QOS is not same thing as port forwarding but if you read my first post carefully you would notice that i wrote that UDP traffic need to be prioritized not TCP. Now you can prioritize UDP traffic in your router if it has qos with that option or do port forwarding only UDP 3659 port and UDP port range from 50000 to 65000 which this game is using. You said that port forwarding will not give any benefit to bf3 hitreg but i have to disagree with you about that because i have 2 routers, d-link which have udp prioritization option in qos and linksys which doesnt. I first tried with d-link and udp prioritization and got way better hitreg than before and then I tried with linksys but only forwarded udp 3659 port and UDP port range from 50000-65000 and got same result. Before all of this I tried all network tweaks i could find including all tips that guy from yesterday hitreg fix thread wrote and got no improvement. Also I noticed when i am having more windows or tabs opened in my browser while i am playing hitreg is becoming worse which backup this theory of UDP traffic getting more packet loss when TCP is more synchronized and more in use. So to get optimum from your network for this game you need to close all unnecessary processes which are using your network while you are playing(i did that with gamebooster) but if you dont like using it you can shot them down manually. Also with that cmd command I wrote you can see all processes which are using your network so you can find out if you have some malware on your computer which you did not know about. I will be happy if this method help other players same as it helped me and if you dont believe this can be helpful then dont try it i dont care.
GhostDogDK
DK Вербовка: 2011-10-26
2013-01-22 08:29
For me, turning down the Network Smoothing factor gave me the impression of a better hitdetection, might be a placebo.
quirnlickr
Вербовка: 2012-12-10
2013-01-22 08:30
If there's guys doing 50%+ accuracy with assault rifles then hit registration is fine.. you just needa aim better son.
WILDSC0RPI0N
2013-01-22 08:35 , отредактировано 2013-01-22 09:20 Автор - WILDSC0RPI0N
GhostDogDK said:
For me, turning down the Network Smoothing factor gave me the impression of a better hitdetection, might be a placebo.

for me also turning off network smoothing factor gave some improvement on hitreg BUT when i am turning it off I start to dying instantly even from guys who does not have good accuracy and aim. This is not what anybody needs. My network smoothing factor is now like 1cm from left side and I still got good hitreg in all rounds which have not laggy players with extremely high pings and i am not dying instantly.

@quimlickr

you can start to give advices at moment you stop hacking and playing good without downloaded skillz. There is no way you can have high accuracy constantly except if player wallhacking(that way not wasting bullets) and using no spread/no recoil shit which all af those cheaters so called "master race" are doing.
sygys
NL Вербовка: 2011-10-28
2013-01-22 08:43
1 fact. its all in your head!

You can laugh at me as much as you want. but i play bf3 best when i believe in myself. When im in a fight with a guy and i know im gonna win it. then i will. but when you get raped allot and you loose your temper it will only get worse.

so everytime you see someone and shoot at him. you start to think why the hell dont i kill him. it must be the bad hit detection. while saying this to yourself you start believing it.

Its like a placebo. when people have a headache and you give them a pill wich looks real you feel the headache ging away, even when its not a real one.

Believing you can do it is 75% of your skill.

It has absolutely nothing to do with port forwarding or what so ever. its all in your head.... people who didnt do a port forwarding are still getting kill ratios of 10 or more. so this would mean only you on the whole wide bf3 world is having this problem... and now you sound rediculous :)
War is not about dieing for you country... its about letting the other bastard die for his!
WILDSC0RPI0N
2013-01-22 08:46 , отредактировано 2013-01-22 08:53 Автор - WILDSC0RPI0N
sygys said:
1 fact. its all in your head!

You can laugh at me as much as you want. but i play bf3 best when i believe in myself. When im in a fight with a guy and i know im gonna win it. then i will. but when you get raped allot and you loose your temper it will only get worse.

so everytime you see someone and shoot at him. you start to think why the hell dont i kill him. it must be the bad hit detection. while saying this to yourself you start believing it.

Its like a placebo. when people have a headache and you give them a pill wich looks real you feel the headache ging away, even when its not a real one.

Believing you can do it is 75% of your skill.

It has absolutely nothing to do with port forwarding or what so ever. its all in your head.... people who didnt do a port forwarding are still getting kill ratios of 10 or more. so this would mean only you on the whole wide bf3 world is having this problem... and now you sound rediculous :)

Then by the looking on your stats we can assume that you dont have much in your head so stop trolling here because you really can not realize what kind of bullshit you wrote here
OhMy_DrDeath
2013-01-22 12:06 , отредактировано 2013-01-22 12:14 Автор - OhMy_DrDeath
I have actually done QOS priortising for other games and just done it for BF3. ( I had forgotten I could :D) QOS prioritises assigned application trafficover other traffic, but there is no such prioritisation involved if you forward ports.

My post was not intended to offend or start an argument but to begin a discussion about port forwarding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_forwarding [en.wikipedia.org]

"Port forwarding allows remote computers (for example, computers on the Internet) to connect to a specific computer or service within a private local-area network (LAN)."

My point is most home networks operate behind a router which presents the ISP assigned IP to the internet (WAN). Your computer will have a private IP (LAN) which is not seen by the internet and traffic is handled and directed by your router from internet to private IP. If you can already connect to a BF3 server and play, the traffic is being properly routed from internet to LAN IP anyway (otherwise you wouldn't actually be able to play). Therefore internet to LAN IP traffic routing is already being done for you and being handled by your router. So aside from potentially leaving a security hole with perpetually open ports , what does port forwarding do that is not already being done ?

"Modern PC games played online need the game client to make requests to the game server. The game server, and other game clients, do not make requests to the game client. There are exceptions to this, namely some peer-to-peer games, and cases where one of the clients is also running the game server on one of their PCs. Both fall into the generalized description of a server from earlier. But in general, modern games are client-server based, where the server is run by a provider on the WAN, and the gamer plays the client on the LAN. At no time do the servers try to make an 'inbound' request to the client. Hence, forwarding of any ports to play the game is completely unnecessary, and accomplishes nothing. Forwarding ports when not explicitly required poses a security risk to the user, and can in fact interfere with proper traffic flow for games.

The game's client makes the requests, the router handles the manipulation and shepherding of the traffic to the server on the WAN and the corresponding reply traffic from the server on the WAN to the game client on the LAN. Not the other way around!"
TEX4N
US Вербовка: 2011-10-30
2013-01-22 12:08
HaccusateMePls said:
-> play hardcore.

Wish that were true but I still get bad HD.
Jeremiah Johnson: "Where you headed?" Del Gue: "Same place you are, Jeremiah: hell, in the end. "
WILDSC0RPI0N
2013-01-22 15:06 , отредактировано 2013-01-22 15:23 Автор - WILDSC0RPI0N
OhMy_DrDeath said:
I have actually done QOS priortising for other games and just done it for BF3. ( I had forgotten I could :D) QOS prioritises assigned application trafficover other traffic, but there is no such prioritisation involved if you forward ports.

My post was not intended to offend or start an argument but to begin a discussion about port forwarding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_forwarding [en.wikipedia.org]

"Port forwarding allows remote computers (for example, computers on the Internet) to connect to a specific computer or service within a private local-area network (LAN)."

My point is most home networks operate behind a router which presents the ISP assigned IP to the internet (WAN). Your computer will have a private IP (LAN) which is not seen by the internet and traffic is handled and directed by your router from internet to private IP. If you can already connect to a BF3 server and play, the traffic is being properly routed from internet to LAN IP anyway (otherwise you wouldn't actually be able to play). Therefore internet to LAN IP traffic routing is already being done for you and being handled by your router. So aside from potentially leaving a security hole with perpetually open ports , what does port forwarding do that is not already being done ?

"Modern PC games played online need the game client to make requests to the game server. The game server, and other game clients, do not make requests to the game client. There are exceptions to this, namely some peer-to-peer games, and cases where one of the clients is also running the game server on one of their PCs. Both fall into the generalized description of a server from earlier. But in general, modern games are client-server based, where the server is run by a provider on the WAN, and the gamer plays the client on the LAN. At no time do the servers try to make an 'inbound' request to the client. Hence, forwarding of any ports to play the game is completely unnecessary, and accomplishes nothing. Forwarding ports when not explicitly required poses a security risk to the user, and can in fact interfere with proper traffic flow for games.

The game's client makes the requests, the router handles the manipulation and shepherding of the traffic to the server on the WAN and the corresponding reply traffic from the server on the WAN to the game client on the LAN. Not the other way around!"

my intention also was not offend just stating what i got with port forwarding. As you could read from my first post BF3 is using TCP and UDP traffic and of course without portforwarding both traffic will still go trough router but obviously not fluidly as when ports are open. Thing is when TCP is synchronized it takes almost all bandwith that is on disposal and UDP traffic starts to suffer. So because UDP traffic is more important for hitreg and UDP traffic suffers more when TCP is well synchronized I decided to open only UDP ports. That does not mean TCP traffic is not flowing anymore it only means UDP traffic get more bandwith for continuos flow with much less packet loss. It worked for me and since i did that I am having much better hitreg. My advice is also to revert all those changes made for improving TCP traffic with netsh commands. This way you will get lower maximum download speed maybe for 1 or 2 megabits but perfonmance in bf3 will be better.

regards
SCORPION
DerFluffer
Вербовка: 2011-11-09
2013-01-23 18:30
quimlickr said:
If there's guys doing 50%+ accuracy with assault rifles then hit registration is fine.. you just needa aim better son.

Sorry, no macros for me :(
99 little bugs in the code 99 little bugs in the code you take one down, patch it around 117 bugs in the code
Great-Destroyer1
Вербовка: 2013-01-16
2013-01-23 18:35
quimlickr said:

Who is this "guy" you speak of, is it that french dude?

Тема заблокирована.
Тема заблокирована.